Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Equal Parts Day and Night


A lesser-known fact about me is that I follow a Pagan faith. It's not something I usually advertise, but there are a few times a year where I get to relish in my Pagandom. The equinoxes are some of those times.

Everything around me is waking up and coming back to life. The completely random 80 degree weather is helping with that, I have no doubt. It felt so good to drag Alex to the hardware store and buy all the things I needed to create a garden on our balcony. He may not be thrilled now, but just wait until I bring him a cup of tea that's home-grown!

The other wonderful thing about today was the fulfilling of a long standing tradition. As far back as I can remember, I have been making boats out of tree bark and odds and ends. I always get so excited, wondering what adventures they'll have without me when I set them free. Did you do anything like that as a child? I simply can never stop.
Outfit Details:
Pentagram Necklace: A treasure from a craft show
Spring Green Dress: Ruche
Belt: Thrifted
Shoes: Target

No comments:

Post a Comment