Friday, June 8, 2012

Adventures in Wonderland



"'I wonder if I've been changed in the night? Let me think: was I the same when I got up this morning? I almost think I can remember feeling a little different. But if I'm not the same, the next question is 'Who in the world am I?' Ah, that's the great puzzle!'" - Alice, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland



After the storm today everything raced out for a bit of the sun before it left us for the day. I took pictures amongst a number of rabbits, painted turtles, and a curious deer. Perhaps it had something to do with the way the world is always new after the rain, but my pictures today all felt a bit out of Carroll's Wonderland. I don't mind. I've been there a time or two, myself.



I couldn't help but be drawn to the pines today. They're some of my favorite trees. The scent of them, with the added ghost of the rain we had drew me right to them. Maybe, too, the forest tones of my new dress and my new Seychelles sent me that way. Whatever the reason, it was a magical place to stop, if only for a few minutes.

Outfit Details:
Forest Green Dress: eBay
Two Birds Necklace: Frockstock
Seychelles Flats: eBay
Head Scarf: Vintage

No comments:

Post a Comment