Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Nerd Swag

 
I used to be a Theatre major, and now, as an English major, it makes sense that some of my favorite parts of my studies would carry over. I am not ashamed to admit that I adore the works of Shakespeare. I love Shakespeare so much that I want to get a goldfish and name it Ophelia (joke in poor taste, but it's true.). Because of this love, I get excited in classes whenever my man Billy is on the syllabus. And it annoys me to no end when instead of reading the play, others use Sparknotes or Cliff's Notes. I can't even tell you. There are no words. That's why I had to treat myself to this hilarious totefor my birthday. I don't know how well you can see it, but the picture is Shakes ripping a Cliff's Notes in half. As well I think he would, were he alive today.


I nerded it up for this bag arriving today. My outfit falls along the lines of preppy geek. Said image is helped by this vintage argyle sweater, which Alex so thoughtfully put in the dryer one day and now it would fit a ten year old. Sigh, oh well. At least I still found a way to wear it. It's still probably going to end up in my shop when I opened it though. It's a turtleneck, and turtlenecks frighten me.

Ah, well. Back to the happy nerd day. I will be spending the rest of today in my glasses curled up with my homework, lamenting the fact that I don't have suspenders.

Outfit details
Argyle Sweater: Vintage (thrifted)
White Button Down Top: Thrifted
Skinny Jeans: No idea.
Brown Oxfords: Target
Read the Whole Book Tote: Shirt.woot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment