Monday, September 26, 2011

A First Impression... Or Second. Or Third.



Today was a day I've been waiting for for a long time. I've had terrible trouble since moving to this tiny town finding a place to work, so I've been generously supported by my wonderful boy. It was a mixture of not knowing anyone here (and this place is quaint enough that "who you know" is pretty much everything) and not having a vehicle to drive. But I've applied at nearly fifty places, and had several interviews, so I had started to give up hope.

So you can imagine how crucial today was to me - I had a second interview with a potential employer.

I always dress professionally for interviews and the like, even if they're meant to be informal. I just feel like it makes a better impression. And the weather had to be uncooperative, as usual, and as I walked to the interview I got rained on quite a bit. Luckily I had my raincoat and an umbrella!

In any case I'm glad I dressed more formally, because it felt more official when I was asked to start working on Thursday. I'm very excited. I was doubly excited when I stopped into my local bookstore to treat myself to a new book, and discovered that the store manager there is still seriously considering hiring me as well! Apparently things are looking up.

Outfit details:
Black and White Necklace: (thrifted)
Coral Blouse: Ann Taylor Loft (thrifted)
Black Pencil Skirt: Vintage (thrifted)
Belt: (thrifted)
Gray and Black Tights: Target
Mary Janes: Payless (they're Safe-T-Steps for work!)

No comments:

Post a Comment