Friday, September 16, 2011

The Wilds Help You Learn Who You Really Are




There's this beautiful place just down the street from me where a large cement run-off pipe takes the groundwater to one of the lakes I can see from my house. It's this gorgeous place, with overgrown grass, old mossy trees, flowers and wild grapes. It was the perfect place to debut some of my local finds. The colors are a bit somber for the season, but I love how cool they felt on this warm summer day. The skirt is the perfect length for me, and I adore the bag and boots. The tights were merely to keep the weeds off of my legs. I didn't want to take chances on poison ivy. 
The pictures are self taken, and some altered a little to show the actual colors. Even in partial shade the sun wiped out all of the color the clothes had. Me, I'm just terribly pale.

Ruffle Tank: Old Navy (thrifted)
Pleated Skirt: Vintage (thrifted)
Tights: Target
Boots: Target (thrifted)
Bag: Carryland (thrifted)


No comments:

Post a Comment